The First Few Days On The Bus Your Child Will Learn:
First Day Transportation
For better service, we have found that children become more comfortable with the bus and bus rules if they ride both ways for the first few days. Please teach your children their home address, phone number, and daycare name. Also practice the walk route between the stop and home and set up a buddy system with other children whenever possible.
LOADING PROCEDURE SAFETY:
To be at the bus stop no later than 5 minutes prior to bus scheduled time.
To stand in line quietly at the stop or school.
To watch for the red lights and flag on the bus.
To watch the bus driver for direction or signal.
To use safe crossing procedures.
To understand the location of the school bus.
SEATING ON THE BUS/SAFETY:
- To follow direction of driver as to where and how to sit safely on the bus. To avoid discipline problems, students may be assigned seats on the bus.
- To understand the importance of the driver’s need to keep their eyes on the road. Some of the buses are equipped with video cameras to assist with student management. (See Bus Rules for student conduct).
- To remain seated until the bus stops.
- To leave the bus in single file, without shoving or pushing.
- About the school bus DANGER ZONE; move directly away from the bus when exiting.
- TO NEVER WALK OR RUN NEXT TO THE BUS.
- TO ALWAYS ASK THE DRIVER FOR HELP if you drop something near the bus.
- TO NEVER REACH UNDER OR TOUCH THE BUS.
- To watch the bus driver for a signal or directions and always check for oncoming traffic before crossing the street.